The chapter allows businesses with appropriate job opportunities to post them on our web site. Check out these opportunities and be sure to tell the employer that you heard about them here! You can filter the job listing by selecting job category. Click on the job title to see the full listing. Note: To apply look for the employer's contact information below.
Aerospace & defense Construction
Lead Planner / Scheduler
Job Posting End Date
MTS is a rapidly growing company and we are seeking highly motivated, talented candidates to join our staff! Come be a part of the team that is helping NASA continue servicing ISS and make a historic return to the moon and beyond while teaming with commercial partners to produce the next generation of launch systems. The Commercial Crew Program (CCP) Project Scheduler will support NASA under the Marshall Integrated Program Support Services (MIPSS) Contract and will be located at Marshall Space Flight Center supporting the management, planning and integration of the CCP Team in schedule development and maintenance. Specific skills and responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- Distributes, manages, and coordinates technical schedules for large and medium scale programs.
- Conduct schedule analysis to ensure schedules are constructed with complete network logic and follow Scheduling Best Practices.
- Support Program and Project life-cycle review, perform Schedule Risk Assessments (SRA) and provide guidance and recommendations to NASA Management
- Provides expert guidance and implementation and management of integrate scheduling tools.
- Provide integrated top-level milestone schedules for management presentations
- Support chart preparation and status updates for the team
- B.S. degree from an accredited institution and minimum of 10 years’ experience; prior aerospace or government project, planning and control experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft (MS) Office products and MS Project schedule development software, is required
- Hands-on experience developing detailed schedules, Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and performing critical path analysis.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of an organization.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Work Environment- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Physical Requirements- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. (5% of time).
- Equipment and Machines- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Attendance- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
- Other Essential Functions- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
MTS is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans).
How to Apply
Application Due Date
New Product Development
Senior Project Manager
USA Home Office
Job Posting End Date
Job Overview: The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful delivery of Rocket solutions to customers and is a key influencer in providing Rocket’s Category of One customer experience. A given project will include a team of one or more Rocket consultants and a customer team. Projects include large programs with multiple workstreams and use of the Agile methodology framework. They include implementation of solutions using one or more Rocket products. They vary from technology refresh or upgrade projects through to major transformations of business systems. The Project Manager is expected to know and follow the Rocket delivery methodology and be able to advise customers of project delivery and management best practices. The Project Manager must be able to effectively interact with a wide variety of people, from consultants, software engineers, application end users, sales, and senior leadership across Rocket, partner and customer teams. Essential duties include developing and managing project plans, action items, risks, budgets, and project status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable as central point of contact throughout the project lifecycle for delivery of projects to Rocket customers
- Advise customer project teams of industry project management best practices and guidance in Agile methodologies
- Establish the Rocket delivery Agile project management framework on customer projects
- Lead Agile ceremonies such as product backlog reviews, sprint planning meetings, and scrum meetings
- Ensure clarity of project scope and customer objectives
- Facilitate development of the project strategy
- Develop the project plan and schedule, identifying key milestones and pre-requisites
- Manage project budget and monitor margins
- Develop policies and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives
- Communicate clearly with customer and Rocket teams at all levels, ensuring understanding of milestones, action items, risks, and resource requirements
- Facilitate conflict resolution and motivate team members to deliver as agreed
- Coordinate activities across different organizational functions
- Keep projects on track by
- Measuring: Checking project progress toward meeting its objectives
- Evaluating: Determining the cause of deviations from the plan
- Determining and taking corrective actions
- Responsible for multiple products and project types
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 3 years and a
Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience.
- PMP or Prince2 certified
- Proven track record of full lifecycle project management for delivery of solutions to customers
- Must have previous experience managing Agile project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery of working in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Scrum Master certification
- 10+ years of experience with software vendor or systems integrator in a project management role
How to Apply
Application Due Date