Role: Junior Business Analyst
Contract: 2 months
A Junior Business Analyst (JBA), under general supervision of a Senior Business Analyst or Project Manager shall have experience acting as the liaison between the business and IT and Operations. This is a functional role with a strong understanding of business processes and business system data. Main responsibilities will include gathering and analyzing requirements and data and working with clients to troubleshoot and resolve issues and improve business processes.
All tasks are performed according to strict deadlines and within budget.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gather, develop, coordinate, and maintain business requirements from initial phase to final implementation, assuring requirements meet acceptance standards.
- Understand the source and use of key business data and prepare analytical reports to enable business and design decisions.
- Develop requirements documentation and functional specifications.
- Develop use cases and perform functional testing, ensuring systems function appropriately, are technically sound, and well-integrated.
- Develop and manage user acceptance criteria and coordinate subsequent training.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analysis to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
- Provide documentation of online system accounts and transactions that require investigation and remediation.
- Coordinate resolution of issues to include root cause analysis, appropriate escalation as needed and change management.
- Assist in the creation of standard format, content and style guidelines, considering usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality.
- Monitor individual progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the engagement.
Minimum Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Innovative and problem-solving skills
- Responsibilities listed are not an exhaustive list of all functions the JBA may be required to perform.
- The JBA must be able to perform the responsibilities of the position satisfactorily. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the responsibilities of the position, absent undue hardship to iSeek.
- iSeek Solutions reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.
Interested candidates can e-mail resumes to Michael Dale at michael.dale@iSeekSolutionsInc.com.