Mid-Sr Level – looking for people that have “potential”
Bachelors degree required – IT or similar field
Experience working on medium to high risk projects
Software projects, vendor management projects, looking for depth of project load not a specialist.
Driver, Leader. HIGHLY ORGANIZED
Will manage budget load and do it all relative to tracking and planning associated with those. (Project sizes 500K+ in budget size)
Will be responsible for 4 to 5 projects at a time – upwards of 10 people per project
Experience working with Microsoft Office products
Phone this week, personal week after. Decision two weeks from tomorrow
Upgrade existing applications
Look at potential RFP – work with vendors to determine best course of action
Conduct Business mapping
Office moves, Relocation
Servers, network, t-comm, etc.
Involvement in planning and execution.
The Project Manager is responsible for simultaneously directing the efforts of multiple cross-functional project teams to achieve clearly defined results within the triple constraints of time, budget, and specifications for medium-risk projects. This position is responsible for an average of 4-5 projects with an average cost of $500K+ each. This position is responsible for assembling the project team, developing the project work plan, and managing the expectations, deliverables, and results of all internal and external project resources for the roles and activities defined in the plan. This position is responsible for tracking project milestones and making necessary adjustments to the project plan or resources to maintain customer commitments. This position communicates project status and risks to all project stakeholders and manages the change process for each assigned project.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field highly required
- PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing multiple medium risk projects in a matrix resource environment, working with diverse project sponsors across multi-company and business units
- Experience influencing and managing project teams without formal direct reporting relationships
- Knowledge of PMI based project management competency areas and methodologies and experience applying these methods to manage successful projects
- Analytical skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control and reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Understanding of IT infrastructure and application architectures desired
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Project
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Specify major duties performed by the job and percentage (%) of time spent on duties.
- Lead and provide work direction to a project team to determine project scope, devise and maintain a workable plan, and to develop and deploy the solution in accordance with the needs of the project.
- Serve as project communication clearing house for all formal project status reporting
- Develop and maintain all project manager deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify project risk, develop a project risk management plan and actively manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage interaction between the customer, vendors, and the internal project team to ensure that appropriate relationships exist to produce positive project outcomes
- Manage the project change control process, status reporting, project estimating, monthly cost accounting and vendor invoice processing
- Develops and/or monitors vendor deliverables in compliance with binding statements of work